Monday, March 17, 2008

My Amazing Race

I just had the most stressful weekend I have had in a very long time. I performed Thursday and Friday night at JR's Last Laugh, a great comedy club in Erie, PA. The shows with Michael Somerville and Eric Hunter were fun since we are all ND alumni and it was St. Patrick's Day weekend.

The reason I didn't perform on Saturday was because I had booked a corporate show near St. Louis, MO for that night. All was going well until NWA cancelled the flights out of Erie due to fog. This is when it got stressful and the Amazing Race (against the clock) started.

After a quick breather, I realized that my options were:
- try flying out of Pittsburgh (2 hours south)
- try flying out of Cleveland (2 hours west)
- drive the entire way (9 hours)

Since it was noon and my corporate show was at 8:15pm, I had no time to waste. I quickly left the line at the NWA counter, rented a car from Avis (they were cheapest) and drove straight to my corporate show. I half expected Phil Keoghan (the host of The Amazing Race) to be waiting there to tell me I had been eliminated.


View Larger Map

I still cannot believe I made it in time to put on a suit in the parking lot. Within 15 minutes of arriving, I was on stage. Needless to say, I slept nicely that night before heading home to Indianapolis.