Thursday, April 2, 2009

More New York City

There are things that you see in New York that (a) you will never see again and (b) no one else pauses to watch the weirdness unfold.

Take this guy, for instance. He sets up in the subway station with dancing dolls and plays music on a keyboard and boombox. I had to get a picture of this magical moment but didn't want to seem too "touristy" so that's why it isn't the best. I think you can get the idea though.


I saw him on my way to meet up with my friends Luke Thayer and Abbi Crutchfield.



We had dinner in Little Italy and did a show in Chinatown. The crowd for that show consisted of a band, ten of their superfans and three other people. The band performed after the three of us did our sets. I have always wondered what it would be like to hear a Puerto Rican kid sing a fusion of Guns N' Roses and Soul Asylum. Come to find out it is even worse than you can imagine.

I'm beginning to wonder if normal comedy ever happens in this city.